Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Heritage: Me and My Tattoo




My heritage is indian and american. I got this tattoo because i want to signify my heritage and make it permanent. I got this tattoo because a dream catcher to me also represents the dreams i accomplished. So the feathers represent the dreams i achieved. So far the first feather means i graduated high school. The second feather means i am going to college and as i keep accomplishing more dreams i will continue to add feathers. So basically what im saying is always get a tattoo you love and make sure it appeals to you. Because honestly tattoos are permanent, THEY WILL NEVER GO!!!!! This is why i love my tattoo though because it shows who i am and where i came from. 







5 comments:

  1. I like the tattoo because that is a good way to remember all the things that you did in your life. It made me remember all the good things that I did in my life that are important. Why did you want the symbol to be a feather?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted the symbols to be feathers because they just make me think of being free being myself and what i am which is Indian and black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi i like this post alote because i have tattoo also of my heritage i am half Basque from my dad and mexican from my mom its true tattoos are as diverse as the people who wear them. Look at History of tattoing in youtube it has some good info on how old tattoing is very good topic and you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I share your view on the matter of tattoos. Tattoo's are permanent and should be meaningful not just a random act. Like your tattoo is rich in meaning, culture and not to say a great piece of art in my perspective. At the same time your blog made me remember a topic we discussed in my English class, culture appropriation and how people that like or think is fashionable borrow symbols and images from other cultures and make them their own. It's an interesting and debatable topic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The way you ended your blog spoke to me. I love tattoos, and I have to agree with you that they will never go away. I love that you have a tattoo that has true meaning that can be connected to your heritage. You should try adding maybe examples of people you know that have Tattoos and regret it. You could also maybe write a little about how tattoos have changed throughout year. Great post!

    ReplyDelete